I have decided that summer is not even time to worry about the blog mojo. I have the knitting mojo, bad, a massive springtime case of startitis. Sometimes I want to just give in, go out, but a zillion sets of cheap needles and cast on everything I have yarn for. Everything. And folks, the yarn in my house? It has it's own room, so that's crazytalk. So after much interruption knitting (we interrupt your lace knitting to bring you this small, delightful colorwork knitting; we interrupt your color knitting to bring you this simple cable projct; we interrupt your cable knitting to bring you this fantastic new lace project; etc) I have decided to limit myself to no more than 27 ufos on the needles at one time.
I'm not at all sure I can handle the restriction.
In other news, the lotus is blooming:
I am also finally getting over a sinus infection of truly epic proportions. But while from the schnozz up I was laid low, the hands, they have been knitting. And for some odd reason, all I want to make is mittens, hot water bottle covers and anything in Kidsilk Night. I have no idea what is wrong with me that I wait for 90+ degree weather and OMG humidity to bust up with the mohair. Pics later, I fear, because every time I grab stuff to photograph it, I end up working on it instead. Which really is good, albeit frustrating from a blogger point of view.
So bear with me a few more days and I'll have time to get myself together. Before I go, however, I have been tagged for a meme by Toni (who actually tagged me a while ago, but hey, better late than never!) so here goes!
The Rules:Rules are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names. Then the player goes to each of the “named” people’s blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. If you’ve been tagged, you do the same, letting the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer. Your answer, of course, is the answer to the following questions. Here we go!
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Pretty much the same thing, but I had the glass studio functional so I was making beads and teaching stained glass.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
Work out at the gym, knit, clean out the hamsters, work on my byzantine jewelry project, pester my friend Barbara (that really is a list item)
3. Snacks I enjoy: British Cadburys, greek yogurt with honey, fritos and cream cheese for a dip, gelato, esp. stracciatella
4. Places I’ve lived: Metairie Louisiana, Atlanta, that's all.
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Keep a house in New Orleans, an apartment in London, a place in Tokyo and a cottage in Ireland. Buy a space shuttle trip for my husband. Take care of my family and friends. Own and operate an old fashioned drug store with a soda fountain and run it the way I want to (sort of like a functioning museum). I'd love to say lots of meaningful philanthropic stuff, too, but I don't have specifics. I don't actually think about this very much and I don't buy lottery tickets, so there isn't much chance anyway.
The rules say I have to tag 6 people now. How about HappyGoth, EvilScienceChick, Snarky Katie, Famous Steve, Light Wading, and Olivia? And if you're feeling left out because I didn't tag you, feel free to swipe the meme and post answers on your blog, then let me know in the comments.