Thursday, October 06, 2005

Lost in the "Forest"

OK, did I mention that I'm new to knitting? I don't know what came over me, but some deranged part of my brain said I ought to be able to handle cables. Hey, I'm a college graduate, I can knit and purl, no problem!

The most positive thing I can think of at the present moment is that I am learning just how much frogging this yarn can stand before it totally craps out and I have to cut it off and start fresh. I believe I may have identified a special talent I did not know I had. I can poke myself in the glasses with a tiny cable needle from about a foot away, and I wasn't even drunk at the time.

Undoubtedly I'll post a picture of the first proud inch I can manage. But for now I am having much less of the relaxing stroll through Forbes Forest I had imagined and going at it more like having to machete my way through a jungle. Ah, well, one day I'll look back at all this and smile serenely.

Right.

No comments: