Saturday, October 22, 2005

W00T! Cable Enabled!

Instead of slogging through a frustrating Forbes Forest scarf, I decided that maybe a single cable project would be a gentler introduction to the world of cables. I chose Coronet from the Knitty site and achieved almost instant success. Instead of aggravation, I have a lovely and addicting pattern going, and I am enjoying it so much that I'm sad it is so short. I started the band last night and I'm nearly done. More than just learning to cable, I also had to learn about a provisional cast on (which I sort of figured out myself and I might not have done it right, but the end product will work just the same so who cares) and I will soon know the joys of grafting and picking up stitches. I await Grumperina's instructions on picking up stitches "the pretty way" so that I can learn the pretty way from the beginning. We'll see how that goes, but so far here is the cable band.


I am using Debbie Bliss Merino Aran instead of the Lambs' Pride the pattern called for and so I have had to switch to size 6 needles to get gauge, but that just means I am already riffing off a pattern which is pretty cool considering how new I am to knitting. I am considering making other changes (get a little confidence and I go wild), so we'll just have to see how this all turns out in the end.

To be continued..........

No comments: