Friday, November 11, 2005

Fear of Felting

Sunday came and went, and although there was much celebration and much Irish dance, there was no felting. Monday, Tuesday, and then the rest of the week came and went and all of a sudden it is Friday and no felting of the Fuzzy Feet. I'll just admit it - I'm scared of ruining them. I have picked up needles and yarn and gotten all brave and adventurous before, but that was because I have always had the safety net of being able to frog it if I screw it up and start again. But felting, well, that's a one way road, and I just haven't gotten the gumption to go down that road just in case it turns out to be the one way road to hell. OK, I'm probably being a little dramatic, but it really is kind of a big thing for me. Well, I figure Sunday is coming around again and that gives me all of tomorrow to screw my courage to the sticking place, bite the bullet, and engage in any other metaphors I can come up with, and Just do it.

Meanwhile, I have started a new project which deserves its own space. So for now, the Chickengoddess is still chickening out on the felting, and I'll ramble on about the new project as soon as I get some pictures together.

Also, because this keeps me from felting even longer, I did one of those blog things. It is almost spot on except for one thing...



Your Birthdate: November 29

You have the mind of an artist, even if you haven't developed the talent yet.
Expressive and aware, you enjoy finding new ways to share your feelings.
You often feel like you don't fit in - especially in traditional environments.
You have big dreams. The problem is putting those dreams into action.

Your strength: Your vivid imagination

Your weakness: Fear of failure

Your power color: Coral

Your power symbol: Oval

Your power month: November
My power color is coral?

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hi!

I hereby tag you with the "20 things about me" meme.

Melissa