Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's Christmas Eve and I'm.....Home! Knitting!

I can't tell you just how exciting that really is! I have been so busy lately, I was beginning to feel like I would forget how...

One cool thing that happened the other day was that the new Boss asked me to do his radio show with him. He does a pharmacy hour on a very small very local radio station, and his diabetes guest cancelled out, so he asked me if I would want to do the show. The next day. I could pick any topic. It was fun, and although I have a picture of me while on the air, it is possibly the WORST picture of me I have ever seen. So I ain't gonna post it. I know I need to lose a few pounds, and I know cameras add weight, but this damned thing makes me look like I weigh 300 freaking pounds. Ah well, more fuel for the upcoming New Year's resolution.

The cooler thing is that I am knitting again. I will post a pic of this - a sleeve in progress for Durrow! Click on this, it helps make the sleeve clearer. And the cat bigger.

Modeled by Butch, one of three white cats who are responsible for shedding on the dark fabrics. They think it's their job. This is a really cute picture of him, however, it is a lousy picture of the sleeve. I tried moving to a dark background, but it didn't help. I tried the flash, without flash, and finally I tried to adjust the color, but the cat washed out, and I like this picture.

So, I am knitting, blogging and killing time till 10:30, when I get to do the crust on the giant steak and ale pie I am making for the post Christmas Liturgy potluck at church tonight. The pie smells wonderful - I am using the recipe from All Tangled Up and I can't wait to taste it. But I have to, so it's back to knitting for now. Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: