Monday, December 26, 2005

The Knitting Man

Well, Christmas was wonderful, complete with dear old friends, wonderful food, the long evening by the fireplace (with snoring dog), and possibly the most important (at least from the standpoint of this blog), knitting with Brandon. Chocolate was involved, too. I tell you, it was perfect.

I met this guy at Thanksgiving (he is the son of one of our friends) , and he and I spent the entire day ignoring everyone else and knitting. We had a great time. I assume everyone else did too, but I really don't know. So here's the knitting man, who I have to share with you because he's so darn cute.

He is making a mistake rib scarf in a really awesome colorway. I have no idea what kind of yarn he had, but it was really soft. As the pre din snacks disappeared and my husband roasted himself at the fireplace (he loves to stand practically in the fire for hours) I sat next to him on the sofa, knitting with Brandon. I am still moving with the speed of molasses on the sleeve charts for Durrow; I am definitely cable impaired, but I figure if I just keep plodding away at it I'll get there.

I think that for the new year instead of doing the whole resolution thing I will instead plan out a year's worth of knitting goals and see if I can't make them. I am so bad about having my head turned by a new project, maybe I'll be able to focus if I promise myself a few spontaneous projects as a reward for keeping up with my goals. My bigest problem is the more I knit and get comfortable with things, the more I want to try and stretch into new techniques (or new fibers - "Down, Kochoran, down: bad yarn!"). Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to my Mom and Dad coming to visit this weekend. Now that's ringing in the New Year with a bang! (actually, 2 Bangs :-)

OK, that's only going to make sense to people who know me, but I found out yesterday that one of my friends actually keeps up with this blog!!! I might just crack under the pressure - I was pretty much revelling in my general anonimity and aside from the occasional comments from other bloggers that told me I wasn't out here just casting more chaff into the great void, I have been mostly doing this for my own amusement. I guess that'll show me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

;) -- Piro